Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY Ameeeerica Skull shirt...

DIY..... Inspired by Brandy Melville

Since my recent move, I have had to be a little bit money savvy.  So when I saw a shirt on Brandy Melville's site I decided to see what I could do to make it versus buy it.

All you need is an old shirt, paint, paint brush, old paper bag, sheet of white paper, scissors, and tape (i used painters tape because it re-sticks easily.)  I recommend drawing out the picture first and coloring it in before cutting and painting just so you have a good guide to go by.  I painted everything in steps depending on what colors i used and where.  The trickiest parts were the teeth and stars.  I cut them out individually and then taped them on.  I started with them covered and then colored them in just like the blue tape for the yellow stripes. The teeth will move around, but it looks cool when the colors bleed a little bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment