Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ahoy!!!


HarborFest and OpSail
The festivities brought a gaggle of ships from all over the world to Norfolk this past weekend.   Transforming a desolate downtown area into a ship lovers disney land.  Ignorant to the vast array of sailboat styles, I was amazed at how many beautiful shapes and sizes they came in.  The Picton Castle, in particular was my favorite.  A modestly sized boat next to the other grandiose naval sailing ships from several countries.  The boat is sailed and run by students traveling all over the world.  My boyfriend, Gabe, was mesmerized and jealous by the idyllic lifestyle of the free world traveller.  I found myself inspired by all of the colors of fabrics and richness of wood.  Instantly craving the experience of travel overseas. Le sigh.  We will be sailing around the world on a ship of our own one day, but for now we must patiently work on land  dreaming of sandy beaches and that salty ocean breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment